Pepper Steak Stir-Fry Recipe
This pepper steak stir-fry recipe is a delicious and easy way to make a flavorful beef stir-fry. It’s made with tender strips of beef, bell peppers, and onions, all cooked in a savory sauce. This dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner and can be served over rice or noodles. Plus, it’s ready in just 30 minutes!
- 1 pound beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef strips and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers, onion, and garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, black pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Pour the sauce over the beef and vegetables and stir to combine. Cook until the sauce is thick and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Serving size: 1/4 of the recipe (about 1 cup)
- Calories: 300
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 890mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 18g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 10g
- Protein: 28g