50 Best Soups for Cold Weather
Soups are a great way to warm up during the cold winter months. This collection of 50 best soups for cold weather is sure to provide something for everyone. From classic favorites like chicken noodle and tomato bisque to more unique recipes like curried squash and roasted red pepper, these soups are sure to satisfy.
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-3 cups of vegetables, diced
- 4-6 cups of broth or stock
- 1-2 cups of cooked protein (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Herbs and spices as desired
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth or stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cooked protein, if desired, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add herbs and spices as desired.
- Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Calories: 100-200 per serving
- Fat: 0-5 grams per serving
- Carbohydrates: 10-20 grams per serving
- Protein: 5-10 grams per serving
Additional Tips and Variations:
For a heartier soup, add cooked beans or lentils. For a creamier soup, add a splash of cream or coconut milk. For a vegetarian or vegan soup, use vegetable broth and omit the protein.
These 50 best soups for cold weather are sure to provide something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for a classic favorite or something more unique, these soups are sure to satisfy. Enjoy!