50 Vintage Casserole Recipes
Casseroles are a classic comfort food that have been around for generations. These 50 vintage casserole recipes are sure to bring back memories of family dinners and special occasions. From classic macaroni and cheese to hearty beef and vegetable casseroles, these recipes are sure to please everyone.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef, onion, and bell pepper over medium heat until beef is no longer pink. Drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup, macaroni, and salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Calories: 456
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Protein: 28g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 890mg
Additional Tips and Variations:
For a vegetarian version, substitute the ground beef with 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed. You can also add other vegetables such as corn, peas, or diced carrots. For a creamier casserole, add 1/2 cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
These 50 vintage casserole recipes are sure to bring back memories of family dinners and special occasions. From classic macaroni and cheese to hearty beef and vegetable casseroles, these recipes are sure to please everyone. Enjoy!