Epic Vegetable Lasagne
This Epic Vegetable Lasagne is a delicious and hearty vegetarian dish that is sure to please everyone. It is packed with flavour and nutrition, and is a great way to get your family to eat their vegetables. The lasagne is made with layers of roasted vegetables, a creamy cheese sauce, and lasagne noodles. It is then topped with a layer of melted cheese and baked until golden and bubbly.
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 2 large zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 9 lasagne noodles
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, onion, garlic, olive oil, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Spread the vegetables onto a large baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk until combined. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add the vegetable broth and milk, whisking constantly until the mixture is smooth. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar, ricotta, and parsley. Set aside.
- Spread 1/3 of the cheese sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with 3 lasagne noodles, 1/3 of the roasted vegetables, and 1/3 of the remaining cheese sauce.
- Repeat the layers two more times, ending with the cheese sauce. Sprinkle the top with the remaining mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 437 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Fat: 21 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 48 mg
- Sodium: 845 mg
- Potassium: 645 mg
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 8 g
- Vitamin A: 1245 IU
- Vitamin C: 57.3 mg
- Calcium: 305 mg
- Iron: 2.3 mg
Additional Tips and Variations:
- For a vegan version, use vegan cheese and vegetable broth.
- For a gluten-free version, use gluten-free lasagne noodles.
- For a spicier version, add 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes to the vegetables.
- For a creamier version, add 1/2 cup of cream cheese to the cheese sauce.
This Epic Vegetable Lasagne is a delicious and nutritious dish that is sure to please everyone. It is packed with flavour and nutrition, and is a great way to get your family to eat their vegetables. With layers of roasted vegetables, a creamy cheese sauce, and lasagne noodles, this lasagne is sure to become a family favourite.