15 Vegetarian Recipes That Meat Eaters Will Love
Vegetarian recipes can be just as delicious and satisfying as those that include meat. This collection of 15 vegetarian recipes is sure to please even the most devoted meat-eaters. From hearty main dishes to flavorful sides, these recipes are sure to become family favorites.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can black beans
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Dice the bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, black beans, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno pepper, corn, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Protein: 8g
- Fiber: 6g
Additional Tips and Variations:
For a heartier meal, add cooked chicken or shrimp. For a vegan option, omit the chicken or shrimp and use vegan mayonnaise in the dressing. For a spicier dish, add more jalapeno pepper or use a hotter variety.
This flavorful quinoa salad is a great way to get your family to enjoy vegetarian meals. It’s easy to make, full of nutritious ingredients, and sure to be a hit with everyone.