Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect combination of chewy and crunchy. They are made with butter, brown sugar, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. The cookies are soft and chewy on the inside and slightly crunchy on the outside. They are sure to be a hit with everyone!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the cookie dough by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 150
- Total fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 120mg
- Total carbohydrates: 18g
- Dietary fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 2g
Tips and Variations:
- For a crunchier cookie, bake for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- For a softer cookie, bake for 1-2 minutes less.
- For a different flavor, try adding 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon or 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- For a different texture, try adding 1/2 cup of chopped nuts or 1/2 cup of shredded coconut.
These Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies are sure to be a hit with everyone! They are the perfect combination of chewy and crunchy and are packed with semi-sweet chocolate chips. Enjoy them warm from the oven or cooled to perfection.