Best Shakshuka Recipe (Easy & Traditional)
Shakshuka is a traditional Middle Eastern dish that is easy to make and full of flavor. It’s a one-pan meal that is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This recipe is a classic version of shakshuka that is sure to please everyone. It’s made with tomatoes, onions, garlic, spices, and eggs, and is sure to become a family favorite.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, paprika, coriander, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and water and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Make four wells in the tomato mixture and crack an egg into each one. Cover the skillet and cook until the eggs are cooked to your desired doneness, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and parsley and serve.
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Protein: 13g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 6g