The Perfect Beef Wellington: A House of Nash Eats Recipe
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup beef stock
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 sheet puff pastry
1 pound beef tenderloin
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallot and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, Worcestershire sauce, and white wine. Cook until mushrooms are softened and liquid has reduced, about 5 minutes.
4. Add beef stock and Dijon mustard and cook until liquid has reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let cool.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry to a 12-inch square. Place beef tenderloin in the center of the pastry.
7. Spread mushroom mixture over the beef.
8. Brush edges of pastry with beaten egg.
9. Fold pastry up and over the beef, pressing edges together to seal.
10. Place on a baking sheet and brush with remaining egg.
11. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and beef is cooked to desired doneness.
12. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!