New York White Pizza – The Right Way – Sip and Feast
This New York White Pizza is the perfect combination of creamy, cheesy, and garlicky flavors. The pizza dough is made from scratch and topped with a creamy garlic sauce, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil. It’s a delicious and easy-to-make pizza that will be sure to please everyone.
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- In a small bowl, combine the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let sit for 10 minutes until the yeast is activated and foamy.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add the yeast mixture and olive oil and mix until a dough forms. Knead the dough for 5 minutes until it is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Let rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a 12-inch circle. Place the dough on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes over medium heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread the cream mixture over the pizza dough. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with the fresh basil and serve.
- Calories: 590
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 64g
- Protein: 19g
- Sodium: 890mg