Thai turkey lettuce wraps are made with ground turkey cooked in a delicious Thai peanut curry sauce and served in crunchy romaine lettuce leaves. This lettuce wrap recipe is ready in under 25 minutes, gluten-free, low carb, paleo and clean eating!
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 7 oz Better Romaine Leaf
- green onions to garnish
- peanuts to garnish
- Shake together all peanut sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan and add the onions, garlic and Thai red curry paste. Stir until red curry paste is heated through and mixed in evenly with the onions (2-3 minutes).
- Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking it up with a spatula, for 5-7 minutes, until no pink remains and the turkey is cooked through.
- Stir in the shredded carrots.
- Pour the peanut sauce evenly over the ground turkey mixture and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat.
- To serve:Spoon ¼ cup of the ground turkey into a Better Romaine Leaf. Sprinkle with green onions and peanuts and enjoy.
- To store in the fridge:Allow ground turkey mixture to cool completely. Portion out into ½-3/4 cup portions and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Re-heat till steaming hot in the microwave before serving.
- To freeze:Allow ground turkey mixture to cool completely, then portion out into desired serving size in the freezer.
- Thaw completely before re-heating in the microwave.
- This recipe makes roughly 6 servings but only keeps in the fridge for up to 4 days. If you plan on using for 6 lunches, you may need to store some portions in the freezer.