This hearty Cowboy Chili is a classic, comforting dish that is sure to please the whole family. It is packed with flavor and is sure to warm you up on a cold winter night.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef until browned. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the pot and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
- Calories: 250
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 890mg
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 19g
Additional Tips and Variations:
- For a spicier chili, add more chili powder or diced jalapenos.
- For a vegetarian version, substitute the ground beef with crumbled tofu.
- For a creamier chili, stir in a cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
This Cowboy Chili is a classic, comforting dish that is sure to please the whole family. It is packed with flavor and is sure to warm you up on a cold winter night. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a delicious meal on the table in no time.