Pork Carnitas (Mexican Pulled Pork – Slow Cooker)
Pork Carnitas is a Mexican-style pulled pork dish that is slow cooked in a crockpot. It is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that is perfect for a weeknight dinner. The pork is cooked in a flavorful combination of spices, garlic, and orange juice, and then shredded and served with your favorite toppings.
- 3-4 lb pork shoulder roast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture all over the pork roast.
- Place the pork roast in the slow cooker and pour the orange juice and lime juice over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until the pork is tender and shreds easily.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker and stir in the cilantro.
- Serve the pork carnitas with your favorite toppings.
- Calories: 590
- Fat: 33g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Protein: 63g
- Sodium: 890mg