Arancini di Riso: Sicilian Rice Balls
Arancini di Riso, or Sicilian Rice Balls, are a traditional Italian dish made with risotto, cheese, and other ingredients, then deep-fried and served as an appetizer or snack. This recipe is a delicious way to enjoy the classic Italian flavors of Arancini di Riso.
– 2 cups cooked risotto
– 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1/2 cup diced mozzarella cheese
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
– 2 eggs, lightly beaten
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
– Vegetable oil, for frying
1. In a large bowl, combine the cooked risotto, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, parsley, and eggs. Mix until well combined.
2. Form the mixture into small balls, about the size of a golf ball.
3. Place the flour, breadcrumbs, and beaten eggs in separate shallow bowls.
4. Dip each ball in the flour, then the egg, and then the breadcrumbs.
5. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Fry the balls in batches until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
7. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
8. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
– Calories: 200
– Fat: 8g
– Carbohydrates: 22g
– Protein: 8g
– Sodium: 200mg