Vegan Sticky Sesame Chickpeas
This vegan sticky sesame chickpeas recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for a weeknight dinner. It is packed with flavor and nutrition, and is sure to be a hit with the whole family. The chickpeas are cooked in a flavorful sauce made with sesame oil, garlic, and ginger, and then finished off with a sprinkle of sesame seeds. This dish is vegan, gluten-free, and full of plant-based protein.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the soy sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar, and red pepper flakes and stir to combine.
- Add the chickpeas and stir to coat in the sauce.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened and the chickpeas are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sesame seeds.
- Serve warm over rice or quinoa.
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Protein: 10g
- Fiber: 6g
Additional Tips and Variations:
- For a spicier dish, add more red pepper flakes.
- For a sweeter dish, add more maple syrup.
- For a crunchier texture, add some chopped cashews or peanuts.
- For a different flavor, try using tamari instead of soy sauce.
This vegan sticky sesame chickpeas recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is full of flavor and nutrition. It is perfect for a weeknight dinner and is sure to be a hit with the whole family. Enjoy this dish over rice or quinoa for a complete meal.