Smoky Halloumi Bake with White Beans
This smoky halloumi bake with white beans is a delicious and easy-to-make vegetarian dish. It is packed with flavor and nutrition, and is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup crumbled halloumi cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, black pepper, and salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, white beans, and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and basil and remove from heat.
- Transfer mixture to a 9×13-inch baking dish and top with crumbled halloumi cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Serve warm.
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Protein: 13g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 5g
Additional Tips and Variations:
- For a vegan version, omit the halloumi cheese and use vegan cheese instead.
- For a spicier version, add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the onion and garlic.
- For a heartier version, add 1 cup of cooked quinoa to the mixture.
This smoky halloumi bake with white beans is a delicious and easy-to-make vegetarian dish. It is packed with flavor and nutrition, and is sure to be a hit with the whole family. With a few simple variations, you can make this dish vegan, spicier, or heartier. Enjoy!