This Moroccan Chicken dish is a flavorful and aromatic meal that is sure to please. The combination of spices and herbs creates a unique flavor that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. The chicken is cooked in a flavorful tomato sauce and served over couscous for a complete meal.
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 onion, diced
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon ground coriander
* 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
* 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
* 1/2 cup chicken broth
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 2 cups cooked couscous
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the cumin, coriander, ginger, paprika, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, turmeric, and black pepper and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, cilantro, parsley, honey, and lemon juice and stir to combine.
6. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
8. Serve over cooked couscous.
* Calories: 437
* Fat: 13.5g
* Saturated Fat: 2.5g
* Cholesterol: 145mg
* Sodium: 545mg
* Carbohydrates: 37.5g
* Fiber: 4.5g
* Sugar: 11.5g
* Protein: 37.5g