Coconut Milk Curry with Chicken
This Coconut Milk Curry with Chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is sure to please. The creamy coconut milk and fragrant spices combine to create a flavorful and comforting meal. Serve with steamed rice or naan for a complete meal.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, garam masala, chili powder, salt, and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and water and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve.
- Calories: 437 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Fat: 32 g
- Saturated Fat: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 109 mg
- Sodium: 545 mg
- Potassium: 545 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Vitamin A: 545 IU
- Vitamin C: 2 mg
- Calcium: 33 mg
- Iron: 2 mg
Additional Tips and Variations:
- For a vegetarian version, substitute the chicken with 1 (14-ounce) can of chickpeas.
- For a spicier curry, add more chili powder or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- For a creamier curry, add 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt.
This Coconut Milk Curry with Chicken is a flavorful and comforting meal that is sure to please. The creamy coconut milk and fragrant spices combine to create a delicious dish that is easy to make. Serve with steamed rice or naan for a complete meal.