This classic Italian-American dish is a delicious combination of chicken, spaghetti, and a creamy tomato sauce. It’s a great way to use up leftover chicken and is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- 1 lb. cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, and shredded chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti and add it to the skillet. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chicken spaghetti hot.
- Calories: 590
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 68g
- Protein: 37g
- Fiber: 5g
Additional Tips and Variations:
- For a vegetarian version, omit the chicken and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- For a spicier version, add 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes to the sauce.
- For a creamier version, add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to the sauce.
This creamy and flavorful Chicken Spaghetti is a great way to use up leftover chicken and is sure to be a hit with the whole family. Serve it with a side salad for a complete meal.