Easy 25-min. Mongolian Chicken
This easy Mongolian Chicken recipe is a delicious and quick way to enjoy a classic Asian dish. It takes only 25 minutes to prepare and cook, and is packed with flavor. Serve with steamed rice or noodles for a complete meal.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic powder, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the green onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve over steamed rice or noodles.
- Calories: 300
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Sodium: 1020mg
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 11g
- Protein: 28g
Additional Tips and Variations:
- For a spicier version, add more red pepper flakes or a dash of sriracha.
- For a sweeter version, add more brown sugar.
- For a gluten-free version, use tamari instead of soy sauce.
This easy Mongolian Chicken recipe is a delicious and quick way to enjoy a classic Asian dish. It takes only 25 minutes to prepare and cook, and is packed with flavor. Serve with steamed rice or noodles for a complete meal. With a few simple variations, you can customize the dish to your own tastes. Enjoy!