Dairy Free Vanilla Pudding made from Plant Based Milk
This delicious dairy free vanilla pudding is made with plant based milk and is a great vegan alternative to traditional pudding. It is easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients. The pudding is creamy and full of flavor, and can be enjoyed as a snack or dessert.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups plant based milk (such as almond, coconut, or oat milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the cornstarch, sugar, and salt.
- Slowly add the plant based milk, whisking constantly until the mixture is smooth.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and begins to bubble.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the pudding into individual serving dishes and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover the dishes with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serving size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 150
- Total fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 140mg
- Total carbohydrates: 28g
- Dietary fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 2g
Additional Tips and Variations:
For a richer flavor, you can substitute coconut milk for the plant based milk. You can also add a pinch of ground cinnamon or nutmeg for a hint of spice. For a sweeter pudding, add an extra tablespoon of sugar.
This dairy free vanilla pudding is a delicious vegan alternative to traditional pudding. It is easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients. Enjoy this creamy and flavorful pudding as a snack or dessert.