Foods That Help Keep Your Heart Healthy
Eating a healthy diet is one of the best ways to keep your heart healthy. This recipe is a great way to get started. It includes a variety of heart-healthy ingredients that are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. The combination of these ingredients helps to reduce inflammation, lower cholesterol, and improve overall heart health.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup cooked kale
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced avocado
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, black beans, kale, red onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, feta cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Once sweet potatoes are done, add them to the bowl and mix everything together.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Calories: 456
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Protein: 16g
- Fiber: 11g
Additional Tips and Variations:
- Feel free to add other vegetables of your choice, such as corn, peas, or carrots.
- For a vegan version, omit the feta cheese and use a vegan-friendly oil.
- For a spicier version, add some diced jalapeno peppers.
This heart-healthy recipe is a great way to get your daily dose of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It’s easy to make and can be served warm or cold. Enjoy!