Gluten free · Make your breakfast for the week in one sitting and still be healthy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 14.5 ounces can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 8 eggs
- 4 slices bacon, crispy/crumbled
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12-count muffin tin with olive oil.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add the chopped artichoke hearts. Cook, stirring frequently, until hearts begin to brown, about 3-4 minutes. Then, add the garlic and cook 1 more minute. Turn off heat and add spinach, stirring constantly, until the spinach is wilted. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until smooth. Add the cooled spinach mixture, crumbled bacon, cottage cheese, milk, and black pepper and mix together.
- Ladle the egg mixture into greased muffin cups 3/4 full. Top each muffin cup with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown on top.
Mini Spinach Artichoke Frittatas – Malica Zircop