Simple Recipe for Velvety Moist Lemon Loaf Cake
This simple recipe for velvety moist lemon loaf cake is a delicious and easy-to-make treat. The combination of lemon and sugar creates a sweet and tart flavor that is sure to please. The cake is moist and fluffy, with a velvety texture that melts in your mouth. Enjoy this delicious cake as a snack or dessert.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. Add the oil, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving size: 1 slice (1/12 of the cake)
- Calories: 250
- Total fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 140mg
- Total carbohydrates: 36g
- Dietary fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 22g
- Protein: 4g