Easy Instant Pot Coconut Chicken Curry – Piping Pot Curry
This easy Instant Pot Coconut Chicken Curry is a delicious and flavorful meal that can be made in under 30 minutes. The creamy coconut milk and fragrant spices make this curry a comforting and satisfying dish. Serve with steamed rice or naan for a complete meal.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Set the Instant Pot to the sauté setting. Add the oil, onion, garlic, and ginger and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, coriander, garam masala, turmeric, chili powder, black pepper, and salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, tomatoes, and chicken and stir to combine. Secure the lid and set the Instant Pot to the manual setting for 10 minutes.
- When the cooking time is complete, quick release the pressure and open the lid. Add the peas and cilantro and stir to combine.
- Serve with steamed rice or naan.
- Calories: 437 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Fat: 28 g
- Saturated Fat: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 73 mg
- Sodium: 590 mg
- Potassium: 745 mg
- Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 6 g
- Vitamin A: 545 IU
- Vitamin C: 15.3 mg
- Calcium: 64 mg
- Iron: 3.2 mg