Instant Microwave Macaroni and Cheese is a total game changer ~ this easy recipe makes a single serving ultra creamy mug of cheesy macaroni in just minutes, right in the microwave! This is the ultimate dorm room meal or after school snack.
- 1/3 cup small macaroni elbow noodles (uncooked)
- a scant 1/2 cup water
- a scant 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pre-packaged finely shredded cheese (we like a cheddar/jack blend)
- Put the macaroni and the water into a mug. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes. Stir. (Note: the water will boil over just a bit, that is fine)
- Microwave for another minute. Stir.
- Microwave for a fourth minute, and then check to see that all the water has been absorbed. If not, microwave a bit more, until it is gone.
- Stir in the milk and shredded cheese and microwave for a final 30-60 seconds. Stir well, and enjoy.
- If you are grating your own cheese, try adding a pinch (1/8 tsp) of cornstarch to the milk.