Homemade Greek Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce
This homemade Greek Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that is sure to please. It is a great way to enjoy the flavors of Greece without having to travel there. The combination of the juicy chicken, flavorful tzatziki sauce, and warm pita bread make this a meal that is sure to be a hit.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 pita breads
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, oregano, thyme, basil, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken breasts and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tzatziki sauce. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, cucumber, dill, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Warm the pita breads in the oven for 5 minutes.
- To assemble the gyros, place a piece of chicken in each pita bread. Top with tzatziki sauce and serve.
Serving size: 1 gyro
Additional Tips and Variations
- For a vegan version, substitute the chicken with tofu or tempeh.
- For a spicier version, add some red pepper flakes to the chicken marinade.
- For a gluten-free version, use gluten-free pita bread.
This Homemade Greek Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that is sure to please. It is a great way to enjoy the flavors of Greece without having to travel there. Enjoy!