Old Fashioned Easy Apple Crisp
This old-fashioned apple crisp is a classic dessert that is easy to make and always a crowd pleaser. It is made with a simple combination of apples, oats, butter, and sugar, and is sure to be a hit with family and friends.
- 4-5 large apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix until the apples are evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Pour the melted butter over the top of the mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.
- Serving size: 1/8 of the dish
- Calories: 250
- Total fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 120mg
- Total carbohydrates: 34g
- Dietary fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 20g
- Protein: 2g
Additional Tips and Variations:
- For a crunchier topping, add an extra 1/4 cup of oats.
- For a sweeter topping, add an extra 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- For a spicier topping, add an extra 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and/or nutmeg.
- For a nutty topping, add 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans.
This old-fashioned apple crisp is a classic dessert that is sure to please. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal effort, you can have a delicious and comforting dessert that is sure to be a hit with family and friends.