The Best Ever Mexican Birria
This Mexican Birria is a delicious and flavorful stew that is perfect for a cozy night in. It is made with a combination of beef, chiles, and spices that will tantalize your taste buds. The stew is cooked low and slow to ensure that the beef is tender and the flavors are fully developed. Serve with warm tortillas and your favorite toppings for a truly unforgettable meal.
– 2 lbs beef chuck roast, cut into cubes
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons chili powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon oregano
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 cups beef broth
– 2 dried ancho chiles, stemmed and seeded
– 2 dried guajillo chiles, stemmed and seeded
– 2 dried pasilla chiles, stemmed and seeded
– 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the beef cubes and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
5. Add the beef broth, ancho chiles, guajillo chiles, pasilla chiles, apple cider vinegar, and tomato paste and stir to combine.
6. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
7. Remove the chiles and discard.
8. Use an immersion blender to blend the mixture until smooth.
9. Serve with warm tortillas and your favorite toppings.
– Calories: 437
– Fat: 24g
– Carbohydrates: 10g
– Protein: 39g
– Sodium: 890mg