30 Healthy Dinner Recipes for Two – Rose Clearfield
These 30 healthy dinner recipes for two are perfect for busy weeknights. Each recipe is easy to make and full of flavor. From classic comfort food to international cuisine, there’s something for everyone. Plus, all of the recipes are healthy and nutritious, so you can feel good about what you’re eating.
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 onion, diced
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
* 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
* 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the ground beef and cook until it is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the oregano, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
5. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water and stir to combine.
6. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Add the rice and stir to combine.
8. Cover the skillet and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the rice is cooked through.
9. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and cover the skillet for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
10. Serve hot.
* Calories: 437
* Fat: 19g
* Saturated Fat: 7g
* Cholesterol: 73mg
* Sodium: 645mg
* Carbohydrates: 33g
* Fiber: 3g
* Sugar: 5g
* Protein: 28g