The Best Japanese Chicken Yakitori / Barbecue Recipe
This recipe for Japanese Chicken Yakitori / Barbecue is a delicious and easy way to enjoy a classic Japanese dish. The chicken is marinated in a sweet and savory sauce, then grilled to perfection. The result is a flavorful and juicy dish that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, mirin, sake, sugar, ginger, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the chicken thighs to the marinade and mix until they are evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook for 5-7 minutes, flipping once, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chicken with steamed rice and your favorite vegetables.
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 28g
Additional Tips and Variations:
- For a spicier version, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the marinade.
- For a smokier flavor, add a few drops of liquid smoke to the marinade.
- For a sweeter version, add a tablespoon of honey to the marinade.
This Japanese Chicken Yakitori / Barbecue recipe is a delicious and easy way to enjoy a classic Japanese dish. The marinade adds a sweet and savory flavor to the chicken, and the grilling process ensures that the chicken is cooked to perfection. Serve with steamed rice and your favorite vegetables for a complete meal. Enjoy!