Grandma’s Old-Fashioned Applesauce Cookie Recipe
Grandma’s Old-Fashioned Applesauce Cookie Recipe is a classic recipe that has been passed down through generations. This recipe is easy to make and yields delicious, soft and chewy cookies that are sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in the applesauce until well blended.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 140
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 95mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 19g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5g
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 1.5g