Classic Gluten Free Chocolate Eclair Recipe
This classic gluten free chocolate eclair recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert. It is made with a light and airy choux pastry, filled with a creamy custard and topped with a rich chocolate glaze. This recipe is sure to be a hit with everyone!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a baking sheet with butter.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup water over medium heat. Once melted, add 1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour and stir until combined. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat in 4 eggs, one at a time, until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and mix until combined.
- Spoon the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in 8-10 equal portions. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and puffed. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup milk, and 3 tablespoons cornstarch. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/4 cup butter over low heat. Stir until smooth.
- To assemble the eclairs, cut each pastry in half lengthwise. Spread the cooled custard onto the bottom half of each pastry. Place the top half of each pastry on top of the custard. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of each eclair.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Calories: 437 kcal
- Fat: 28 g
- Carbohydrates: 37 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Sodium: 246 mg
- Cholesterol: 111 mg
Additional Tips and Variations:
For a vegan version of this recipe, substitute the butter and heavy cream with vegan alternatives. You can also use different types of chocolate for the glaze, such as dark or white chocolate.
This classic gluten free chocolate eclair recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert. With a light and airy choux pastry, creamy custard, and rich chocolate glaze, this recipe is sure to be a hit with everyone!