British Cheese and Onion Pasty – Culinary Ginger
This British Cheese and Onion Pasty is a savory pastry filled with a creamy cheese and onion filling. It is a delicious snack or meal that can be enjoyed hot or cold. The pastry is flaky and buttery, and the filling is creamy and flavorful. This recipe is easy to make and can be enjoyed by the whole family.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 1/4 cup of cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry into four equal-sized rectangles.
- In a bowl, mix together the grated cheese, diced onion, cream, salt, and pepper.
- Divide the cheese and onion mixture between the four pastry rectangles, placing it in the center of each one.
- Fold the pastry over the filling and press the edges together to seal. Brush the pasties with the beaten egg.
- Place the pasties on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Protein: 8g
Additional Tips and Variations:
- For a vegetarian version, replace the cheddar cheese with a vegan cheese.
- For a spicier version, add some diced jalapenos to the filling.
- For a sweeter version, add some diced apples to the filling.
This British Cheese and Onion Pasty is a delicious and easy-to-make snack or meal. The flaky pastry and creamy filling make it a perfect treat for the whole family. Enjoy it hot or cold, and feel free to experiment with different variations to make it your own.