50+ Dirt Cheap Meal Ideas to Make on a Budget
Making meals on a budget doesn’t have to be boring or difficult. With a little creativity and some pantry staples, you can make delicious and nutritious meals that won’t break the bank. Here are 50+ dirt cheap meal ideas to make on a budget.
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- Optional: shredded cheese, sour cream, and/or avocado
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add the black beans, corn, and diced tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked rice and top with optional toppings, if desired.
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Protein: 10g
- Fiber: 8g
Additional Tips and Variations:
- This dish can be made vegan by omitting the optional toppings.
- Feel free to add other vegetables, such as zucchini, squash, or mushrooms.
- For a spicier dish, add more chili powder or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- For a creamier dish, add a can of coconut milk.
This dish is a great way to make a nutritious and delicious meal on a budget. It’s easy to make, full of flavor, and can be customized to suit your tastes. Plus, it’s a great way to use up pantry staples and leftovers. Enjoy!