Tacos are a classic Mexican dish that can be made in a variety of ways. This recipe will provide instructions for making three different types of tacos: beef, chicken, and vegetarian. Each type of taco will have its own unique flavor and texture, making it a great option for a variety of tastes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 package of soft taco shells
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of diced onions
- 1 cup of diced bell peppers
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until it is no longer pink. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the taco seasoning to the beef and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, cook the chicken over medium-high heat until it is cooked through. Shred the chicken with two forks.
- Place the taco shells on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, or until they are lightly browned and crispy.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the black beans over medium heat until they are heated through.
- To assemble the tacos, place a spoonful of beef, chicken, or black beans in each taco shell. Top with cheese, salsa, sour cream, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, lettuce, avocado, and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Serve immediately.
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Protein: 25g
- Sodium: 500mg