A fresh and easy Greek Pasta Salad just in time for summer! This crowd-pleasing side dish is tasty with grilled meats and at all your backyard barbecues.
- 1 pound rotini or other small pasta
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces Persian cucumbers, diced (about 3)
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 (8 ounce) chunk feta cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- To cook the pasta, bring 4 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook according to package instructions, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drain well and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing, in a small bowl whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, cucumbers, onion, tomatoes, feta, and olives.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Toss gently until uniformly combined and serve.