Slow Cooker Jambalaya
This slow cooker jambalaya is a classic Cajun dish that is packed with flavor and is sure to be a hit with the whole family. It is a one-pot meal that is easy to make and requires minimal effort. The slow cooker does all the work for you, so you can sit back and relax while it cooks.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 pound cooked andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the smoked paprika, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and rice and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours, or until the rice is cooked through.
- Stir in the sausage and shrimp and cook for an additional 15 minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Serve hot.
- Calories: 545 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 48 g
- Protein: 33 g
- Fat: 22 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 191 mg
- Sodium: 1445 mg
- Potassium: 545 mg
- Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 5 g
- Vitamin A: 845 IU
- Vitamin C: 28.3 mg
- Calcium: 111 mg
- Iron: 3.3 mg
Additional Tips and Variations:
For a vegetarian version, omit the sausage and shrimp and add 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed. You can also add other vegetables such as celery, carrots, or corn. For a spicier version, add more cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
This slow cooker jambalaya is a flavorful and easy one-pot meal that is sure to please the whole family. With minimal effort, you can have a delicious and nutritious meal that is ready in no time.