Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This creamy and comforting broccoli cheddar soup is a classic favorite. It’s easy to make and can be ready in under an hour. Enjoy it as a main course or as a side dish.
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 4 cups chicken broth
– 2 cups half-and-half
– 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
– 2 heads of broccoli, chopped
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the flour and stir to combine.
4. Slowly add the chicken broth, stirring constantly.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Add the half-and-half and stir to combine.
7. Add the cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
8. Add the broccoli and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
9. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
10. Serve hot.
– Calories: 437
– Fat: 28g
– Carbohydrates: 24g
– Protein: 22g
– Sodium: 890mg