Mongolian Beef – Let the Baking Begin!
Mongolian beef is a classic Chinese-American dish that is easy to make and full of flavor. This recipe is a great way to enjoy the classic flavors of Mongolian beef without having to order takeout. The beef is marinated in a savory sauce and then cooked in a hot skillet until it is crispy and golden brown. The result is a delicious dish that is sure to please the whole family.
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Add the beef and stir to coat. Let the beef marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beef is browned and cooked through.
- Add the green onions and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Serve the Mongolian beef over steamed rice.
- Calories: 300
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 890mg
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 28g
Additional Tips and Variations:
For a spicier version of Mongolian beef, add more red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce. You can also add other vegetables such as bell peppers or mushrooms to the dish. For a vegetarian version, substitute the beef with tofu or tempeh.
Mongolian beef is a delicious and easy dish that is sure to please the whole family. With just a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of cooking time, you can have a delicious meal that is full of flavor. Give this recipe a try and enjoy the classic flavors of Mongolian beef in your own home.