Basic Coconut Custard Pie Recipe
This Basic Coconut Custard Pie Recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is sure to please. It is made with a flaky crust, creamy custard filling, and topped with toasted coconut. This recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
– 1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
– 2 cups whole milk
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 4 large egg yolks
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place the pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate.
3. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the milk, sugar, salt, egg yolks, and cornstarch.
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and boils.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the butter and vanilla extract.
6. Pour the custard into the prepared pie crust.
7. Sprinkle the top with the shredded coconut.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the custard is set.
9. Allow to cool before serving.
– Calories: 350
– Fat: 16g
– Cholesterol: 105mg
– Sodium: 250mg
– Carbohydrates: 43g
– Protein: 6g