Chewy Coconut Cookies
These chewy coconut cookies are a delicious treat that are sure to please. They are easy to make and require only a few simple ingredients. The combination of coconut and brown sugar gives these cookies a unique flavor that is sure to be a hit with everyone.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, stirring until just combined. Stir in the coconut.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 120
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 75mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 15g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 10g
- Protein: 1g
Additional Tips and Variations:
For a different flavor, try adding 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract to the cookie dough. You can also add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts or 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the dough for a more indulgent cookie.
These chewy coconut cookies are a delicious treat that are sure to please. With just a few simple ingredients and easy instructions, you can have a batch of these cookies ready in no time. Enjoy!