Classic Pomodoro Sauce
This classic Italian tomato sauce is a staple in many Italian dishes. It is simple to make and can be used in a variety of dishes. The bright, acidic flavor of the tomatoes is balanced by the sweetness of the onions and garlic. This sauce is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 small onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the diced tomatoes, sugar, oregano, and basil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve over your favorite pasta.
– Calories: 90
– Fat: 5g
– Sodium: 200mg
– Carbohydrates: 10g
– Protein: 2g