Easy Classic Cheese Fondue
This classic cheese fondue is a delicious and easy way to enjoy a cozy night in with friends and family. It’s a great way to use up any leftover cheese you may have in the fridge, and it’s sure to be a hit with everyone.
- 2 cups of grated cheese (such as Gruyere, Emmental, or a combination)
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the grated cheese and cornstarch and mix until the cheese is evenly coated.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the white wine over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- Add the cheese mixture to the saucepan and stir until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the lemon juice, garlic powder, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the fondue to a fondue pot and keep warm over low heat.
- Serve with cubed bread, vegetables, and/or fruit.
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 16g
- Sodium: 400mg