Air Fryer Orange Chicken Recipe – Magic Skillet
This Air Fryer Orange Chicken Recipe is a delicious and easy way to make a classic Chinese takeout dish at home. The chicken is marinated in a sweet and tangy orange sauce and then cooked in the air fryer for a crispy and flavorful finish. Serve with steamed rice and vegetables for a complete meal.
– 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
– 1/4 cup orange juice
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
– 1 teaspoon sesame oil
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– 2 tablespoons water
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
1. In a medium bowl, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic powder, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes.
2. Add the chicken cubes to the marinade and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until smooth.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add the chicken and marinade to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Add the cornstarch mixture to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce has thickened.
7. Transfer the chicken to an air fryer basket and cook at 400°F for 8-10 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown and crispy.
8. Serve the chicken with the sauce and garnish with chopped green onions.
– Calories: 300
– Fat: 11g
– Saturated Fat: 2g
– Cholesterol: 73mg
– Sodium: 790mg
– Carbohydrates: 19g
– Fiber: 1g
– Sugar: 12g
– Protein: 28g