Char Siu Chinese BBQ Pork
Char Siu Chinese BBQ Pork is a classic Cantonese dish that is sweet, savory, and full of flavor. This recipe is easy to make and can be served as a main dish or as an appetizer.
– 2 lbs pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
– 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons Chinese five-spice powder
– 2 tablespoons sesame oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons rice wine
– 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
– 2 tablespoons red food coloring (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine hoisin sauce, honey, soy sauce, Chinese five-spice powder, sesame oil, garlic, rice wine, oyster sauce, and red food coloring (if using).
3. Add pork cubes to the bowl and mix until all pieces are evenly coated.
4. Place pork cubes on a greased baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
5. Turn pork cubes over and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and serve.
– Calories: 437
– Fat: 22g
– Carbohydrates: 16g
– Protein: 41g
– Sodium: 890mg