Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding
This Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is sure to please. The combination of the creamy pudding and the crunchy butterscotch topping is a match made in heaven. It’s a great way to end a meal and is sure to be a hit with family and friends.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, white sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and boiling water. Pour the mixture over the batter in the baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- Calories: 437
- Total Fat: 16.3g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Sodium: 437mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 68.3g
- Protein: 3.3g
Additional Tips and Variations:
For a richer flavor, you can add 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the batter. You can also add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the batter for a crunchy texture.
This Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is sure to please. With its creamy pudding and crunchy butterscotch topping, it’s a great way to end a meal and is sure to be a hit with family and friends.