With all of the comfort food dishes I’ve been making lately, this Brown Sugar Salmon was definitely a welcome change. Seafood just tends to be a lighter and healthier option, and I try my best to incorporate it into our meal plans at least once or twice a week.
- 1 1/2 lbs. salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Lemon pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Season the fillets to taste with the salt, lemon pepper and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, soy sauce, water and oil until sugar is dissolved.
- Put the seasoned fillets into a Ziploc bag, pour in the marinade mixture, seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil and make a few slits through the foil with a knife to allow juices to drain while cooking. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place your fillets on the broiler pan and discard the leftover marinade. Place the fillets into your preheated 450 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Then move the fillets to an oven rack close to the broiler and broil on high for an additional 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.