Broccoli and Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes are the epitome of comfort food! Add a salad to make them a full meal.
- 4 medium russet potatoes, washed well and dried
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoons salted butter, very soft
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon chives
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 and 1/2 cups cooked broccoli, chopped, divided
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place potatoes in a small baking dish and bake for 1 hour, or until soft. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Once the potatoes are cool enough to safely handle, slice each one in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the potato pulp and place it into a large bowl, being careful to leave the skins intact. Rub the outsides of the potato skins with a little olive oil. Place the skins on the prepared baking sheet and set aside.
- Add the butter to the potato pulp and mash – using an electric mixer or a potato masher – until fairly smooth; add Greek yogurt, buttermilk, salt, pepper, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, dried onion flakes, dill weed, paprika, broccoli and 3/4 cup of the cheese. Divide the filling evenly among the potato shells then top with remaining cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are heated through. Serve at once!
- You may use sour cream in place of the Greek yogurt. You may use almost any other cheese in place of the cheddar.
Broccoli and Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes