This Chickpea Tuna Salad with homemade lemon dressing is a great dish that you can serve for picnics, barbecue parties, brunch or a simple lunch. It is also perfect for a quick and easy meal prep. Packed with protein and good-for you fats, it is healthy and filling. Ready in 30 minutes and can be made ahead. #mealprep #healthysalad #healthy #recipe #chickpeasalad #tunasalad
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped (or ¼ cup chopped red onion)
- 2 cloves of garlic (if you like garlic feel free to use more)
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
For The Salad:
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (5 oz.) chunk light tuna (or any that you like), drained
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced thinly
- ½ cup pickles, sliced (6-7 pickles)
- 1 cucumber, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, sliced (or any other olives you like)
- 4 radishes, sliced or cut into small cubes
- 1 ½ cups arugula, rinsed (any other salad greens or sprouts would work)
- To make the dressing: Place olive oil, shallot, garlic, lemon and pickle juice, salt and pepper in a small jar. Put the lid on and give it a good shake. Set aside. The dressing can be made 2 days in advance, placed in a jar with a tight lid, and kept in the fridge.
- To assemble the salad: Put chickpeas, tuna, tomatoes, pickles, cucumber, olives, radishes, and arugula in a salad bowl.
- Drizzle with the dressing. Give it a gentle toss. Taste for seasoning and serve.